The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Summer Solstice Gathering



This is my dear friend Tracy, my very first friend in Canada....the one who always made me laugh, and kept me company some days walking to highschool.....with her is Cheryl, the animal, dog whisperer of Canada...I am blessed to have them as friends and for this opportunity to share this blessed circle celebration with them...so glad you both were there...added to the magic.


Here is my friend, Joanne Darlaston, Reiki Master Teacher and Practioner....with Jennifer Ramage who is smudging the lovely womyn gathered here to celebrate the coming of the summer solstice.  Both of these womyn I have known for many years, during the beginning years of my social work career, back in 1993...it is so serendipitous to be reconnected to both of them on this new journey we are all embarking on.

This is Stella, who seemed to enjoy the circle, fire and lovely aromas.

Heart Rock --- Yummy - how cool was that to find this part of the circle rocks.

I am grateful for these friends, blessings and the opportunity to release the things that weigh me down and to enhance and manifest my heart's intentions.  Happy Summer, it is here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am grateful to have been included in this celebration. It was undeniably a powerful day of releasing and manifesting. Good food and good company rounded up the day.

Your record of this event is perfect, Supria. Thanks for sharing the gift of your photographic eye and the musings of your mind.

Over 25 years have passed since we used to walk to your house after school. We are still in "school", still taking walks together to your house, and still laughing...life is beautiful, isn't it?