The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Seeing your Journey Through Colour


As an encaustic mixed media collage artist, the use of deep vibrant colours is the essence of my work and it is my passion.  Colour is how I see and more importantly feel the world around me.  Colour helps me feel more deeply, understand ideas, emotions and helps me create a story in my artwork.  I absolutely LOVE colour.  Therefore, when I first met Orsi Baird, a registered teacher and practitioner of the Aura-Soma International Academy of Colour Technologies, I felt enveloped with joy, all the magical coloured bottles were inviting and intriguing...so very tantalizing of all my senses...it felt like my senses were on fire.  

Generously, Orsi invited me over for a complimentary colour consultation and I have to say what a treat, joy and gift this was....I got to pick four bottles, intuitively and without overthinking out of the 107 bottles and Orsi then provided me with a consultation reading from the bottles I chose.  It was so enlightening and affirming at the same time.  Orsi, provided her thoughts and assessment in a loving and compassionate manner, with much grace, poise and gentleness...no ego involved at all.  This is a woman who is integrating the wisdom of the self, with the knowledge of the ego and the compassion of the heart and spirit.  I thoroughly loved this process...and it really is an awesome way to hear what your inner being is saying through the colours you choose in life.

Aura-Soma is an innovative approach to soul therapy that relies on the selection of four dual coloured equilibrium bottles by you.  These bottles incorporate plant extracts, essential oils, and the energies and extracts of precious and semiprecious stones.  The energetic properties found in the liquids interact with the individual's aura to help support equilibrium in the body, mind and spirit.  The bottles also act as mirrors when we choose them.  They can show
 us "where we come from", what were our challenges in the past, and of course, what are the qualities we can use as tools to achieve the goals of our soul.

"Aura-Soma is  a tool relevant to our time, brought into our being through a remarkable blind woman, Vicky Wall, who had clairvoyance from birth and who could see the energy of animate and inanimate things more clearly than most of us can see what is directly in front of us." 

Orsi, also provides introductory workshops on the universal language of colour.  The more you understand about colour the more you can understand about yourself.  You will not only see beauty in the world, but you might understand others too.  I look forward to taking one of her introductory colour workshops.  Thank you Orsi, for your gift and practicing your passion.



1 comment:

Woman Called Joyce said...

Thank you for sharing.I discovered something, again, from you. :) It would be a thrill to my soul to stand in front of all those bottles of beautiful colors and layers. It's an interesting concept, a useful tool, and would provide an opportunity for a meaningful exchange. I'd say it is art. :)