The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Featured In the Multifaith Calendar 2009, Check it out & Call for Art Submissions 2010!


One of the things I love about the turn of a new year is getting a special calendar for the year...This year I have the honour of being one of the many artists featured in this calendar, check it out - The Multifaith Calendar 2009.  They are also looking for new artists to submit work for their 2010 calendar selections and the theme is such a great one - Earth Bounty.  How I would love to submit a piece for this as Encaustics and the work I do often represents my connection and gratitude for the earth.  Anyway, I can't apply again this year..but I am hoping many of you artist colleagues will consider applying..see below for the call of submissions and you can retrieve this from their website too.

Enjoy!  

2 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

Hi - I just wanted to stop by and say hello and say thanks for choosing to follow my blog - congratulations on your calendar gig! - how cool is that? - will have to check this out - have a fabulous weekend

painting with fire said...

Love the piece chosen for the calendar! And the warmth of your words always warms me - nice in this busy and snowy time of year.

-Leslie