The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Some more new work - Flying Series


"Birthing New Dreams" Encaustic Mixed Media, 10 x 10, 2010


"Flight of the Flying Fish", Encaustic Mixed Media, 16 x 16, 2010


"Wonderous Flight", Encaustic Mixed Media,  16 x 16, 2010


"Hare of Time", Encaustic Mixed Media, 10 x 10 , 2010

This new body of work is a whimsical exploration of the notion of time & travel through flight.  It is about the possibilities that could be, if we choose to step out of our comfort zones, to discover new lands, create new stories and embrace fresh new ways of being.
The imagery of the various modes of vehicles in flight, ladders, wings, lotuses, houses, clock faces and flying trees with roots depict for me the various portals to time & travel.  I specifically use the opposing textured and smooth areas of encaustic medium to further explore the sense of change that comes from taking steps outside of one’s everyday routine.

5 comments:

jane longman said...

Lovely, Supria!

Unknown said...

These are amazing!! Just love your new series.

Caitlyn Chisamore said...

Surpia, I love your new work! It makes me really want to do encaustic! I love the things that you imbed in the surface. I like the title: Birthing New Dreams.
It was nice to see you.
I will send you an email to remind you about the Grad Show. So far it will be on May 6- May 8, 2011.
My email is caitlynchisamore@hotmail.com

Sweet Mess said...

Beautiful new work!!!

Griselda said...

Wow....powerful art, wonderful designs. Congratulations on creating such powerful blog.

I am enchanted...!!


Griselda