The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A new series my heart is creating.......Heart Mapping Series

New Heart and Mapping Series, Encaustic Mixed Media, Sept. 2011

"Listening to My Heart's Whispers", Encaustic Mixed Media, 6 x 12, 2011

"Roots of Change Bloom", Encaustic Mixed Media, 6 x 12, 2011

"Wide Open", Encaustic Mixed Media, 6 x 12, 2011

"A different journey knocking on my heart", Encaustic Mixed Media, 6x 12, 2011

"Heart Dream #5", Encaustic Mixed Media, 6 x 6, 2011

"Golden Autumn", Encaustic Mixed Media, 8 x 8, 2011

New pedestals for the studio, tops made by Livio Finora...Thank you!



Another view from the side of the studio 

These photos above are a glimpse of my new work....I showed them at the Studio Tour this past weekend...they are sold, however, the customer, kindly agreed to let me get a professional shot of them...so I can get them back on loan for a day or two next week...I often acknowledge in myself the process of creativity..this being one of creating within one's own psyche first, journalling, reflecting on the journey, then creating hands on, showing and selling (as I make a living doing this)...and on occasion if I haven't lived with work long enough, I find I might long or miss the pieces for a while...
It feels like this for these new heart and mapping pieces....a sense of attachment has developed...Could be that it is new work and I didn't get to live with them long enough, or that I haven't yet gotten them professionally photographed...the good news is the person who bought them, lives here locally, and has offered to let me have them back for the day to photograph them,...and I know I have more within me, to create more with this new heart & mapping series....
I wonder how other artists manage this process of letting go of their art work?

3 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

what amazing and beautiful imagery, Supria ... very expressive
I see my art like children, I want them to grow up and find good homes... : )

Supria Karmakar said...

Hi Caterina:
Great to hear from you ..thanks for the comment, yes it is true - I feel the same way, each piece are like babies being birthed..some are harder to let go ....will pop in to visit you and see what's new at your end..thanks again for reading my blog post
supria

Kate said...

These are very eye-catching works of art. You can almost feel it.