The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Give to Get on Your Blog - I found a great resource today, that I would like to share with you.....

Today, I got reading a friend and colleague's blog, Rita Vindedzis' - a Toronto based artist.  Her blog post from Wednesday June 27th, was a valuable blog post for me ..and got me connected to Alyson B. Stanfield's Artbizblog --   I too would highly recommend Alyson B. Stanfield's blog, it has a wealth of information, on the business of being an artist..she covers so much....Particularly, what hit home for me this round, was the blog post Give to Get on your Blog, got me thinking about my blog...For a while now, I have been seriously reflecting on how I can revive my blog...

I have often thought the place to begin, to start this process would be to ask you, the readers, what it might be that you want to see on this blog?
Are you interested in techniques?
Looking for resources?
What keeps you coming back, or what would support and encourage you to come back?   I would love to hear from you.  What would you like to see on a blog, and specifically my blog, what is meaningful to you???

I look forward to your comments and for your time and feedback, I will send out a signed "The Wax Book, Altered, Repurposed, Remade" exhibit catalogue to one commenter.  I will draw one name from the pool of comments made..for more information on the catalogue being offered, visit these two links:  June 14th blog post  and on Blurb. com
Thank you to all for your time.


The Wax Book, Altered, Repurposed, Remade
 A Catalogue of 13 Artists working in the book arts medium


Terra Incognita
Encaustic Mixed Media Altered Book, 2012
By Supria Karmakar

9 comments:

Rita Vindedzis said...

Thank you for the mention Supria and I'm so happy you looked into the artbizblog. I've found it to be a very valuable resource. In an odd way it's almost comforting to know that I am not the only artist that feels this way about blogging. It can take valuable time to do right and sometimes I feel that's time better spent (for me) painting.

Personally I like to see your work on your blog in various stages and completed and of course information of up coming shows.

Supria Karmakar said...

Thanks Rita for dropping in a comment...Your name will be placed in the draw pool...I appreciate your info. on what you find helpful on my blog...

I agree, I find when I am painting, really that is all I want to do, but I know also the value in getting out there, in whatever manner is possible, social media, galleries, shows etc.

I hope our paths will cross again
thanks again

Seth said...

Hi Supria. Of course I would love to be in the draw for the book but more than that I wanted to comment on your post. Seems like there are some changes in the air in terms of blogging. Not sure what that means or where it will go...but you are not the only person who seems to be questioning what direction their blog should go in.

Supria Karmakar said...

Thanks Seth...I would love to hear more on this matter if you know more? or when you know more? will keep an eye out for those thoughts on these new directions...thanks for the post

queenb2u said...

Hi Supria, I ask myself the same questions about blogging. How much time should I spend when I need to be working on a project, or at least cleaning up my studio. I am interested in your latest project, like your heart series. I am interested in where you are teaching or exhibiting hoping someday to be able to view your work in person or participate in a class. I am also interested in your latest achievements. Your work and words have been an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your world. PS, put me in for the drawing, I'd love to receive your book. Now, I need to get back to artwork. :))

Supria Karmakar said...

Thanks so much 'queenb2u'...I appreciate your comments and will most definitely put your name into the draw for "The Waxbook"... the balance of blogging/writing/administrative duties and art making still stay ever present on my mind... supria

Anonymous said...

I love blogs and spend way more time on them than on websites. I love the interactivity, the fact they are much more personal and I get much more of a sense of the artist's personality. Having said that I don't necessarily wish them to be really personal, I like the art, the art in progress and the process.

Anonymous said...

I like to see lots of art pictures and an occasional "how to".

Supria Karmakar said...

Congratulations to queenb2u -- you have won "The Wax Book: Altered, Repurposed, Remade" catalogue, of 13 great artists working in the book arts and encaustic medium.....
email me with your contact information, and I will put it into the mail for you
supria@supriakarmakar.com
CONGRATS