The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Creative Divas - My Sisters - Blessings

Leigh, Lisa, Robin, Jane, Mel and Effie...are my stamping, artistic divas...I have enjoyed going away with them for over 6 years and we each bring a special quality to the weekend...Mel and Robin are the jokesters, Lisa is not far behind them, Jane is the nature, hiking creative diva, Leigh and I are the coffee and FRIDA fanatics, and Effie, Robin, Mel and I are the mummies of the group (other than of four legged children : ) .... Though each of us come from diverse backgrounds, we each share the passion of art, creativity...we all ooohhh and ahhh over paper, I can hear LEIGH's OOHHS in particular, ahhs over colour, new stamp designs, precious embellishments and others found treasures to use in our card making, art creating, scrapbooking masterpiece designs....here is an example of Lisa's snazzy cards....Jane had the awesome idea to begin the card exchange this art weekend.....so now we all go away with a special handmade creation from all of our sisters. How cool is that, I won't be able to give mine away I think....Looking forward to more late nites, creating to the tunes and stories and most of all those funny jokes...thanks Mel and Robin for having so much to share.  These womyn, are truly an awesome group of creative divas, compassionate souls and so generous with their gifts, love and friendship...I am blessed. Thank you!

No comments: