The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Inspiration abundant at the Priestly Cottage















The Priestly Cottage has lots of inspiration for artistic creativity....it is such a blessing to be able to escape on a weekend with my stamping, creative diva sisters and enjoy the lovely surroundings.  Robin's dad is an avid collector and fire hydrants is one of those items he has collected and placed around the property.  I naturally gravitate to fire red and it was such a joy to soak up the morning bird song, crisp spring air while sitting on the fire red old bench....The bench's red painted covering still alive, though the vibrancy has faded so long ago, it holds many memories of others in the past sitting seeing the same things I am seeing, hearing the same sounds and enjoying the tranquility of it all.  Thank you Robin for sharing this sanctuary with us.  The red bench is a lovely meditative spot to see inspiration and notice all the treasures around.  This was a lovely reminder for me to take time each day to see the simple pleasures and treasures....being in the moment to moment.    

No comments: