The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, February 6, 2009

On Paper Wings - Helen Keller Altered Book On Route





I have completed my section of "On Paper Wings", the Helen Keller altered book round robin project, called Inner Works Collaborative and it is now on route to the lovely Roxanne of River Garden Studio.   Check her lovely work out and her Inner Works Collaborative book, "Earth Tones".    All the while when I was putting the finished touches to my book before sending it out...I was thinking of Roxanne and the beautiful music that her blog emits when you are reading her blog posts..and as I was working on my book I played the lovely Lorenna McKennitt which reminds me of Roxanne, even though I have never met her in person..funny how that happens...music is a powerful gift in our life, full of associations, joy, sorrow, love and all things...
I am now going to ruminate on "Friendship" - Present, Past, Lost and those to look forward to ...I will post soon on the lovely Veronica Funk's Friendship Altered book that I received a week ago..it is fabulous...

4 comments:

Jill Zaheer said...

Supria,
Every time I look at your rendition of "On Paper Wings", I love it all the more. I'm so drawn to your theme, and your book is altered so beautifully. Can't wait to see it in person and become a part of it. Jill

rivergardenstudio said...

I am thrilled to work on this right after you just finished... I can hardly wait to begin, maybe by next weekend! I hope life has calmed down for you. I love your art and writing Supria! Have a beautiful week...Roxanne

Seth said...

This is spectacular Supria. I love the layout and the colors and the winged page! Looking forward to seeing it in person!

Barb Smith said...

Wow, Supria...how did I miss this post?!?! I adore your altered book; it totally rocks! Everything about it is fabulous!
Peace & Love,
~Barb~