This is the lovely work of Rita Vindedzis, of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She is mainly an acrylic artist with numerous private and corporate collections and her work has appeared in publications such as Style at Home Magazine, Canadian House and Home, Decor and the 2008 Benjamin Moore Color Brochure. She also does some mixed media work and has an online store, called Red Banana, I love that name. Rita has become a great new blogging friend and she recently tagged me...What that means is that I now can choose to tag 8 other bloggers to highlight their work and their blogs and I also have to write down 8 things about myself in this blog post. Thanks Rita for my first TAG...
1. I am absolutely intrigued by Frida Kahlo's life and work. There is depth and haunting stories embedded in her work.
2. When I was 11 or 12 years old, I made a bet with my brother that one day I would meet Clint Eastwood, or I would pay him $250.00...This bet was made while I was still living in England..though we are much closer geographically to Clint Eastwood.... the bet has still be be fulfilled....I was then and still am in love with Clint Eastwood's work, both in the "A Fistful of Dollars", "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly" movies and in his work as a director...there is something very sexy about him.
3. My favourite bands growing up were: The Bay City Rollers and the Police...Last year for their reunion tour, I got to see the Police live for the first time ever...it was like I was a teenager again..thanks Jeff, for fulfilling my teenage dream to see them live....
4. I love dark, organic free trade coffee, gin and tonics, red wine, olives, dark chocolate, sunny days in the summer, summer rain, sunflowers, lavender, rich vibrant colour, the stillness of a winter nite after the snow has fallen
5. I would love to go sky diving one day
6. I will go traveling around the world again one day...I have enjoyed discovering India, Thailand, Nepal, Italy, Spain, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Switzerland, Germany, Costa Rica
7. Friends and Family mean the world to me; making new friends are blessings I welcome and cherish
8. I believe life is full of possibilities; that there are no coincidences, and that each person and/or experience in life has the potential for teaching us great things about ourselves, about life and about humanity.
Now here are 8 other creative souls I would like to tag, hope you have a chance to check their blogs out:
2. Kelcey's blog - Sweet Mess
3. Ilka's Attic - Mixed Media Artist Susan Tuttle
5. Linda Womack - Embracing Encaustic
7. The Bee Team
8. Misty Mawn