The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Six Artists are invited to join a round robin altered book project!




In Canada, the winter months can be long and cold...And sometimes you might just want to curl up with a great cup of java, free trade is always the best and organic at that... or a nice chai of sorts...and your most favourite artists materials...

This winter I thought it would great to participate with six other artists in a 'round robin' altered books project.  You can pick any kind of book to alter, a vintage one, a new one, a handmade one, whatever your heart desires.  You can alter it with any theme you choose...for mine I'm thinking about perhaps focusing on the beauty and joy of the coming Spring...and the blessings of the Winter days that bring birth to the Spring treasures. Or another one I often found inviting to create is the idea of 'home'.

I would like to find six artists from anywhere in the world to participate.

All that is needed is a joy and passion to create and share.  The idea is that you start a book and send it out to the next person on the list....I will coordinate this project once I get the six names of those that want to participate.  The project will begin January 5th week to April 30th... this gives us 17 weeks in total to work on the project and what I was thinking that we can have three weeks to do the altered book pages and then pass it onto the next person on the list until we get our own book back at the end in 17 weeks, ready for a Spring unveiling.

If you are interested in this project, send in your name to me...the first six names to come my way in a blog post comment and/or email will be part of the project.

Looking forward to creating in community and seeing the magical creations created by the hands of other artists in my own book.

 

11 comments:

rivergardenstudio said...

Sounds great to me! I also love your winter shots, it will be here soon...your encaustic piece on the top of your post is wonderful, so warm... like a sunrise. Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Supria, I would love to take part if you'll have me...sounds like fun.

Rita Vindedzis said...

Oh this idea sounds wonderful Supria-I'd love to be included in this project!! Looking forward to hearing more details.

Supria Karmakar said...

HI lovely womyn:

This is so exciting to have you all on board...so far it will be the four of us...I am so ecstatic about starting this collaborative ...
I thought it would be a good idea to create a members blog...which I will soon develop after my big show next weekend....This can be our group blog for us to communicate through...share images and what ever other details might be helpful...
In the meantime happy hunting for your 'universally sent' book to alter..it can be anything you choose to alter, board book, old vintage book, a newer book..whatever calls you and your creative muse.
I am on the search for something vintage that speaks about our earth and nature...
If any one has an idea of what to call this new group blog let us know...I am happy to set it up.
Lots of joy in your creative journey.
Supria

Seth said...

Supria: I would love to join you in this collaborative project. And judging by the talented people that have already left comments, this project is going to be incredible.

Supria Karmakar said...

Thanks Seth for joining in...I know all of us together will achieve great joy in this process....we were brought together to share and create and be inspired...we are great group of artists embarking on this amazing fun altered book journey...can't wait to savour every delicious moment...
Supria

Rita Vindedzis said...

Supria, Thanks so much for this wonderful idea and for creating a blog for us all to share this great experience. This is my first collaboration of this sort and I'm very excited to be included with Veronica, Roxanne, Seth and yourself.
xo
Rita

Anonymous said...

Supria,
I would love to also participate in this exciting project. I've never done this before, so with some mentoring and gentle guidance, I hope to partner with you in this wonderful collaborative project and together create a wonderful gift to share with ourselves and others. Jill

Supria Karmakar said...

Now we have a wonderful sixth creative soul to complete our group....So our altered project is off to a great start: Jill, Rita, Roxanne, Seth, Veronica and Myself....can't wait ...keep posted and I will soon begin a blog for us.
Supria

Joanie Hoffman said...

Hello! If someone drops out, please let me know!
Happy days,
Joanie

Heather Robinson said...

I'm so sorry that I didn't "find"you sooner so that I could toss my name into this round robin. I am a HUGE admirer of your work....especially your encaustic pieces. I have fallen in love with beeswax and have dabbled a bit in colour encaustic wax but when I saw your work I was just in awe. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog list...Heather