The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Friday, March 27, 2009

Friendship - Inner Works Collaborative -Round Two

This is a glimpse of one page from a two page spread, which I created for Veronica Funk's Friendship theme book. ....she is one of the six wonderful artists, collaborating in the Inner Works Collaborative altered book round robin.  Her theme is wonderful and very serendipitous for me ....Her pages are lovely, and as they unfold, the message in them is loud and clear, friendship and love all begins with you...And as time goes by.."it does not change us, it unfolds us."~ Max Frisch...she also quotes "If we go down into ourselves we find that we possess exactly what we desire." ~ Simone Weil....Both messages were great for me to reflect on in my current life's journey....They gave me hope, they challenged me and the process, both the joy and struggle of creating these pages within her book reflect that....I began with this theme.... "To love the unfolding of your journey"...for more on this page, you can check it out here!  For Veronica's pages of her own book, go here!...... Veronica's pages in both her own book and in Seth's, as that is the next book I will begin... is stunning...and are absolutely divine...I would love to share glimpses of them with you..but feel that it isn't really my place to do so...and it might also ruin the surprise for Seth ....
To all, "Love the Unfolding of your journey"!

4 comments:

Joanie Hoffman said...

This is lovely, the colors are so wonderful together.
Happy days,
Joanie

Seth said...

Stunning page Supria. I like the different layers and the combination of colors you used. Excited to see this one in person!

Jill Zaheer said...

Supria, Love the "unfolding of your journey" theme for your pages in Vernonica's book. The detail, designs and interwoven symbols are so reflective of the feelings I get when I think of "friendship". There are so many variations of friendships in our lives that create a mesh of layers and depth which I see in the beautiful page you've shown. Can't wait to see it in person!

rivergardenstudio said...

Your pages look beautiful! I can hardly wait to see them too... I hope life has calmed down for you. Thanks for the link for Eccodek. I love it, downloaded two cd's this weekend and have been dancing up a storm, also brougth it to school for my art and rhythm class... the kids loved it too! Roxanne