The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Some New Work in Honour of International Womyn's Day 2009





These are a few of the new works I have been working on as part of a commission order for International Womyn's Day 2009.   I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this...with each piece I think about the multitude of gifts womyn encapsulate each day in their daily tasks and roles all around the world..and how we all, as womyn need to love ourselves first in order to continue to give to others...

9 comments:

Sweet Mess said...

I love how the background patterns and colors meld with the figures. Like they are woven in.

An Altered Life said...

As always, beautiful work!

Self Portrait said...

Very moving pieces. I love the way the pictures of the women just blend in with the backgrounds. Great textures, colors.

Anonymous said...

Hi Supria!

You're getting a little bit of exposure through Agenda and my Online Marketing workshops this month. Let me know if you notice more traffic over the next few weeks...

get zapped said...

Wow, these are amazing! So much thought, love and energy went into these. I love the textures and layering. Great work!

Aleks said...

Happy Womans Day,beautiful work,Sandra

Aleks said...

Happy Womans Day,beautiful work,Sandra

BLACK AND WHITE said...

Great post! Beautiful images!

rivergardenstudio said...

These are very beautiful and soulful. Just lovely... Roxanne