The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring is here and I am thinking of birds and nesting...they are so rich with love and symbolism

"Lost in the Bush", 2007 Encaustic Mixed Media Collage, Copper Framed, 24 x 24

"Art Elation", 2009 Encaustic Mixed Media Collage, 8 1/4 x 16 1/4
Below: Detail of the next with A-R-T eggs.

Spring is here...I brought in the Spring dancing my heart out to the fantastic music producer, engineer, composer, DJ of Andrew McPherson...it was just what my heart and soul needed....Recently I bought the SHIVA BOOM Cd and it is so wildly wonderful...check out www.eccodek.com

With the Spring I have once again been thinking about our lovely bird friends, their beauty, wisdom and their lovely nests they call home...I have used the nesting imagery quite a bit lately and in the past...and find myself revisiting it again for the Spring Show at the Globe Studios, May 1st, 2nd and 3rd..come and visit me there.  Here is a poem to our fine feathered friends and to your HAPPY SPRING!


Words from the Aviary - D.G. Jones

"I would clothe you in feathers
 
You are too bare
in your long bones when the wind 
sighs in the snow

You are a movement of birds

I would clothe you in voices
appellations, words
spare as the mirror of a young girl

or raw, and deliquescent as the crow's
cawing over chill fields

It is not clothing but a call

of voices, nameless
gone into the still air

of the small birds that drift
above a river running among stones
in the Haute-Savoie

above the grasses of the steppe, and in the small
trees of the taiga

in the summer forest
north
along the Ottawa

I would surround you with a guard
of heron like a tall
smoke, I would surround you with a choir

or unrecorded waterbirds, exiguous
emerging from a wall

beyond the Nile

I would have you smile, and see the sun
arrested, rest among your bones

as glistening

you move within the garden of your names, diaphanous
innumerable

You walk as you have always walked 
through desert yards, the cold
spaces where the night

sighs among the stars

the sunken orchard where the wind
sighs in the snow

You are an overture

You come

like a migration 
like the first waters of the world
with the entelechy of flowers

And then your naked summer 
silences my words. 

2 comments:

Seth said...

Great post and amazing artwork.

Bulle said...

Hello ! your artwork is very beautiful. It is really the mixed media which I love !!!