The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, September 15, 2008

Becoming - Soul, Elora - Fergus Studio Tour, Group Show Opening Thursday Sept. 18th, 7:30 pm

The Elora-Fergus Studio Tour 2008 group show opening is taking place this Thurs. Sept. 18th, 7:30 p.m. at the Elora Centre for the Arts, Minarovich Gallery.
The opening group show will exhibit a piece from each artist on the tour this year; it is a great place to start your tour to get a sense of all the artists' work, various mediums and the amazing diversity and talent of the 28 artists participating.  The group show is revolving around the theme of the "senses", which includes all five senses, the sixth sense and even a seventh, nonsense.  This is in partnership and support of the 11 day "Sensational Elora - A Festival of the Senses".  Check out the numerous exciting events taking place during this 11 day festival.  

"Becoming - Soul" is an art piece I developed for the group show, come and see it up close and personal...Just a reminder that all comments posted on this blog for the duration of the studio tour from now until Oct. 5th, will be entered into a free draw for a piece of my work.  Your name can be entered in as many times.  All you have to do is enter a comment with your name.  It is always nice to hear from you.  Thanks to all those who have already commented, once or several times...I am looking forward to sharing my appreciation with you in the form of a free draw prize....Your thoughts and feedback have been such a delight to read, they provide connection, community and encouragement...I am grateful for all the wonderful online virtual friends I have made.  

3 comments:

Melizza said...

this is an absolutely wonderful piece of art! I love the textures and the richness of the hues. Congratulations on your showing...and thank you for all of your thoughts and blessings. More back to you! xoxoxo melissa

michelle said...

wow this is gorgeous, the richness of the colours is so striking. Thankyou for taking the time to visit my blog
hugs
michelle

Sweet Mess said...

I LOVE this one! A good pick for the show...