The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Elora-Fergus Studio Tour Soon To Be Here & A BONUS Draw Prize


This year the Elora-Fergus Studio Tour has 28 local artists opening up their studios to share their artistic passion on two fall consecutive weekends, September 27th & 28th and Oct. 4th & 5th from 10 to 5 p.m.  This is a free self-guided tour, which includes surrounding areas, where you get a chance to meet the artist and see where they work, where their creative muse guides their lovingly designed creations.  

Again this year we will be offering one lucky "Tour-ist" the opportunity to win a $250 draw prize.  All you have to do is fill in one ballot at the end of your tour day.   After visiting the studios you can drop your ballot off at that last studio stop or at the Elora Centre for the Arts; one ballot per family is requested.  

As I am on the tour again this year, and since last year I have developed this blog, as a way to share with readers my artistic journey.  So this year I have decided that from this post date onwards I will share a blog post a day on one or two of the artists on the tour this year... This way you can learn a little more about our great local artists living and creating in Elora, Fergus and surrounding areas...and maybe even pay them a visit at their individual websites and/or studios on the tour dates.

If you will this can be like a virtual tour before the tour....

And as an added bonus, if you leave a comment with your name on any of these blog posts pertaining to the studio tour, from now until the end of the tour, Oct. 5th, 2008...I will collect all those names and include them in a free draw for one of my 5 x 5 encaustic mixed media collage original art pieces, framed in a 10 x 10 frame.  Which will be shipped to you if you are someone out of town.  Some examples of this work can be found on my ETSY shop...however, there will be more selection by the end of this event to pick from.  You may put in your name any amount of times with a comment.  

Generally I will be asking you to comment on some aspect of the studio tour and /or a more general creative thought...or simply comment as you like.  

To begin with I would be curious as to what you like about studio tours, if you have visited any in any area?  What do you look for within the experience?

Happy discovering what great talent we have right here in Elora, Fergus and surrounding areas.

1 comment:

Rita Vindedzis said...

I'm always curious to see how other artists work. I hope I can arrange a road trip and check it out.