The encaustic medium is magical, vibrant and translucent.  My creative muse guides, inspires and feeds my soul through this medium, mixed media and collage.  Blessing me with endless moments of creative joy and harmony...providing those ahhaa moments about life.  Join me on this creative journey, spend some time reading my musings about this life, the blessed other souls that come into contact with mine, however brief or often, that can leave everlasting imprints on our journey....perhaps our lives might share some similarities, bringing us closer and more connected...and less isolated.

"I suppose there is one friend in the life of each of us who seems not a separate person, however dear and beloved, but an expansion, an interpretation, of one's self, the very meaning of one's soul." ~ Edith Wharton

Here's to finding those expansive moments.....

Monday, September 15, 2008

Mandy Deskur, Macadi Jewellery - New Artist on Studio Tour This Year, Free Draw Continues


Mandy Deskur is a new artist on the Elora - Fergus Studio Tour this year.   The new store front, studio space called Macadi Jewellery was opened on September 1st 2007.  Having the workshop on site gives the customers an opportunity to see the design process from start to the finished piece.   Mandy says that she is "inspired by nature's impressions.  ...I study  very closely the unique lines in a leaf, the elaborate patterns in a butterfly wing, or the silhouette of an orchid...and then takes these characteristics and abstract them, zoom in on interesting features and add my own vision.  Simplifying a very intricate pattern often makes a design more appealing.  I often incorporate semi-precious and precious stones into my pieces.  Completing my studies in Gemology has helped me to understand the properties of each unique gem."  Add Macadi Jewellery Studio onto your route during the studio tour weekends, and meet Mandy in person.




No comments: